Lighting Reality PRO V2.0 – What's New!
Version 2.0 of Lighting Reality PRO is now available. The main new features
- The inclusion of Australian and New Zealand standards AS/NZS 1158
- AutoCAD 2018 DWG file format support
- Auto-recovery to safeguard your valuable work
- Favourites refresh in the choose luminaire dialogue
- Keyboard shortcuts to maximise productivity
- Increase maximum number of luminaires in Outdoor to 999
- Numbering of lighting fixtures can now be user-defined (including
- Auto-grid spacings setup within the options panel
- Bulk import of column data, so Outdoor designs can be populated
from external systems
- Custom DXF export now supports multiple layers
- Visible masking grip points to accurately edit masks
You will discover a wide selection of new and revised photometric data
from Lighting Reality’s manufacturer partners and should note that we now
have an “update on demand” service where fresh data will be available within
weeks of release. Running an "Update" will automatically advise you as soon
as new data is ready for you to download.
To download the release notes in PDF format for Roadway and Outdoor please
click on the links below:
Reality V2.0 Outdoor Release Notes
Reality V2.0 Roadway Release Notes
We have produced a series of video guides on our YouTube support channel
to introduce the new features. Click on the links below to view
these directly without the need to visit YouTube. Note that these can be
viewed in full screen by clicking on the square icon on the bottom right
hand corner of the popout window.
- Lighting Reality PRO V2.0 runs solely on Microsoft’s Windows Operating
- Supported versions of the Windows Operating System are aligned with
Microsoft’s published product lifecycle, (current lifecycle:
but subject to change by Microsoft). This currently includes Windows
8.1 and Windows 10.
- Typical minimum memory required is 2GB
- CPU are as appropriate for the OS
- Minimum hard disk space is 180MB for the application and 1.6 GB
for the full current UK photometry dataset
- Screen resolution which is at least XGA (1024 x 768)
Support by Lighting Reality for problems and issues with previous Windows
operating systems is limited to those versions still within Microsoft’s
extended support window, which currently includes Windows 7 (with Service
Pack 1), Windows 8 and Windows 10.
|Client operating systems
||Latest update or service pack
||End of mainstream support
||End of extended support
||Service Pack 2
||April 10, 2012
||April 11, 2017
||Service Pack 1
||January 13, 2015
||January 14, 2020
||January 9, 2018
||January 10, 2023
||October 13, 2020
||October 14, 2025
Note that some versions of Windows include the Microsoft PDF print driver.
We have found the Windows PDF print driver works well with Lighting Reality
It is likely Lighting Reality PRO will continue to function under earlier
versions of Windows, however we do not guarantee this.
Before running the IDS link for Lighting Reality PRO V2.0 please ensure:
- The above specific requirements are met and you have sufficient
storage space to complete the installation.
- Ensure you possess full administrative rights and permissions for
the target PC.
- The user account has complete and unrestricted Internet access.
- You have to hand the 15 digit unique individual licence key issued
- It is recommended that you backup all your project files and all
bespoke photometric data you may have added to your current version
of Lighting Reality.
If you already have Lighting Reality PRO V1.8 installed then the following video details how you can upgrade to Lighting Reality PRO V2.0
To install Lighting Reality PRO V2.0 as fresh install on a new PC, the following video details how to achieve this.
Once you have logged on to your PC and accessed the Email we sent to
you, click the download web page link contained in the body of the message.
A small download of the actual IDS utility will begin and can be run
directly online or downloaded and saved to a convenient location on the
host PC (do not use the Desktop).
When run, the internet installer control panel will appear on screen,
enter your unique 15 digit licence key and verify the credentials returned
are correct BEFORE proceeding, if they are not your details contact
The user will then be presented with our EULA which you must read and
accept in order to continue.
An itemised selection panel is displayed, which enables the user to select
the program and photometry they wish to download and install at that time.
The panel can be revisited later should you wish via the Update feature
within the application. Once satisfied with your selection, click to download
and install - the bars will indicate progress.
Depending on your user account profile and windows version, during installation
you may be prompted by user access control and security dialogue which is
normal during any installation and should be responded and accepted to allow
the process to conclude.
A default installation will place Lighting Reality on your C: drive and
create our new directory structure. Desktop icons and entries in the program
menu will be available to launch the application. If this is the first time
you have installed and run the application, you will be prompted with an
opening screen requesting you to activate your copy of the program, simply
click on the "Activate Licence" button. However, if you are installing over
a previously activated version of the program, you will not be required
Future updates, releases and new photometry data sets will be accessible
from within the application by selecting the Help menu and update. The Internet
installer control panel will appear confirming your credentials, click next
and IDS will automatically refresh and select any new components available
to you for download.
IT Support Information
To accommodate the variety of IT infrastructure and support that exists
within the corporate field, we have provided a number of alternative procedures
primarily for use by IT Support Teams.
Upon the initial run of the IDS Utility download there is access to a
Web proxy menu if an internet connection is not detected due to a proxy
server restriction. This allows those with suitable credentials to set up
a web proxy connection. In some cases, the web proxy details can be obtained
by the Auto button to detect them, failing that they can be manually input
and then the connection tested.
From within the IDS control panel under the Options menu:
- Download Program Only – this will select and download only the main
application installer without data sets. The file downloaded is not
installed but can be used for onward distribution of the application
- Custom Install Program – invokes our main application installer
allowing for the program and data sets to be installed to custom locations
outside our standard default file structure.
- Download Only – having selected your preferred data sets and program
they will be downloaded only and not installed, again this option may
suit those requiring a volume of files to distribute.
- Download CD ISO File – in situations whereby Users have limited
or no internet access rights and an off-line installation is necessary,
an ISO file to create an installation CD can be downloaded.
Firewall and Proxy Server configuration
The main cause of failure of the IDS has been the stringent security
employed by corporate bodies to protect their infrastructure by the utilisation
of a combination of firewall and proxy server measures. In the case were
the vendor can be given a trusted status, it has proved beneficial for Lighting
Reality to be granted an exemption or “white listed” from the security protocols.
The URL information may prove helpful to network professionals.
- Access to ports 80 (http) and 443 (https) on the Lighting Reality
servers are required
- All current files are accessed through http://cdn.lightingreality.com/
allowing access to files with the .deploy and .txt file extensions.
- The licence server requires access to the webservices (.asmx files)
If you have a valid licence key(s) and require access to our .ISO distribution
for internal users of Lighting Reality please contact us using our FTP request
Request FTP access
Lighting Reality Ltd offers customer support through our web site using
a dedicated on line support request form or you can email direct to
It is always helpful to give a brief concise and clear description of
the issue with details of the User environment and, whenever possible, screen
captures of the case in point.