Lighting Reality PRO V1.8 – What's New!
Version 1.8 of Lighting Reality PRO introduces all the key elements within the new European road lighting design standard EN13201:2015 released in January 2016. The main new features are:
- EN13201:2015 Luminance Grid
- Calculation of Wet U0
- Energy calculations for both Power Density and Annual Energy Consumption Indicator within EN13201:2015 Luminance Grid-based projects.
- EN13201 2015 Illuminance Grid
- Threshold Increment for both P and C classifications.
- Energy calculations for Power Density and Annual Energy Consumption Indicator within EN13201:2015 Illuminance Grid-based projects.
- Additional calculation options of Hemispherical Illuminance and Veiling Luminance.
- The ability to calculate Hemispherical Illuminance has also been added to the Outdoor module of Lighting Reality PRO.
You will discover a wide selection of new and revised photometric data from Lighting Reality’s manufacturer partners and should note that we will now be offering an “update on demand” service where fresh data will be available within weeks of release. Running an "Update" will automatically advise you as soon as new data is ready for you to download.
As part of the development of Lighting Reality PRO, the software is now packaged for download via our Internet Delivery System (IDS). Our intent is to provide users with a route to acquire, download, install and maintain Lighting Reality PRO on line. A key benefit for maintained users will be direct notification and access to the very latest updates in both the application and photometric data immediately upon publication.
- Lighting Reality PRO V1.8 supports computers running the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (OS): XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 in both 32bit and 64bit configuration
- Typical memory required is 2GB
- CPU are as appropriate for the OS
- Minimum hard disk space is 180MB for the application and 1.6 GB for the full current UK photometry dataset
- Screen resolution which is at least XGA (1024 x 768) or a HD (1280 x 720).
Before running the IDS link for Lighting Reality PRO V1.8 please ensure:
- The above specific requirements are met and you have sufficient storage space to complete the installation.
- Ensure you possess full administrative rights and permissions for the target PC.
- The user account has complete and unrestricted Internet access.
- You have to hand the 15 digit unique individual licence key issued to you.
- It is recommended that you backup all your project files and all bespoke photometric data you may have added to your current version of Lighting Reality.
Once you have logged on to your PC and accessed the Email we sent to you, click the download web page link contained in the body of the message. The web page contains a set of scrolling screen shots which illustrates the process, when ready click on the Download button to continue.
A small download of the actual IDS utility will begin and can be run directly online or downloaded and saved to a convenient location on the host PC (do not use the Desktop).
When run, the internet installer control panel will appear on screen, enter your unique 15 digit licence key and verify the credentials returned are correct BEFORE proceeding, if they are not your details contact email@example.com
The user will then be presented with our EULA which you must read and accept in order to continue.
An itemised selection panel is displayed, which enables the user to select the program and photometry they wish to download and install at that time. The panel can be revisited later should you wish via the Update feature within the application. Once satisfied with your selection, click to download and install - the bars will indicate progress.
Depending on your user account profile and windows version, during installation you may be prompted by user access control and security dialogue which is normal during any installation and should be responded and accepted to allow the process to conclude.
A default installation will place Lighting Reality on your C: drive and create our new directory structure. Desktop icons and entries in the program menu will be available to launch the application. If this is the first time you have installed and run the application, you will be prompted with an opening screen requesting you to activate your copy of the program, simply click on the "Activate Licence" button. However, if you are installing over a previously activated version of the program, you will not be required to re-activate.
Future updates, releases and new photometry data sets will be accessible from within the application by selecting the Help menu and update. The Internet installer control panel will appear confirming your credentials, click next and IDS will automatically refresh and select any new components available to you for download.
IT Support Information
To accommodate the variety of IT infrastructure and support that exists within the corporate field, we have provided a number of alternative procedures primarily for use by IT Support Teams.
Upon the initial run of the IDS Utility download there is access to a Web proxy menu if an internet connection is not detected due to a proxy server restriction. This allows those with suitable credentials to set up a web proxy connection. In some cases, the web proxy details can be obtained by the Auto button to detect them, failing that they can be manually input and then the connection tested.
From within the IDS control panel under the Options menu:
- Download Program Only – this will select and download only the main application installer without data sets. The file downloaded is not installed but can be used for onward distribution of the application only.
- Custom Install Program – invokes our main application installer allowing for the program and data sets to be installed to custom locations outside our standard default file structure.
- Download Only – having selected your preferred data sets and program they will be downloaded only and not installed, again this option may suit those requiring a volume of files to distribute.
- Download CD ISO File – in situations whereby Users have limited or no internet access rights and an off-line installation is necessary, an ISO file to create an installation CD can be downloaded.
Firewall and Proxy Server configuration
The main cause of failure of the IDS has been the stringent security employed by corporate bodies to protect their infrastructure by the utilisation of a combination of firewall and proxy server measures. In the case were the vendor can be given a trusted status, it has proved beneficial for Lighting Reality to be granted an exemption or “white listed” from the security protocols.
The URL information may prove helpful to network professionals.
- Access to ports 80 (http) and 443 (https) on the Lighting Reality servers are required
- All current files are accessed through http://cdn.lightingreality.com/ allowing access to files with the .deploy and .txt file extensions.
- The licence server requires access to the webservices (.asmx files) at https://secureapps.vizisoft.net
If you have a valid licence key(s) and require access to our .ISO distribution for internal users of Lighting Reality please contact us using our FTP request access form Request FTP access
Lighting Reality Ltd offers customer support through our web site using a dedicated on line support request form or you can email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is always helpful to give a brief concise and clear description of the issue with details of the User environment and, whenever possible, screen captures of the case in point.
A picture can well be worth a thousand words!